1. How many teeth do adults have?
2. To brush your teeth effectively, you should hold your brush at this angle (select one)
A. 90 DEGREES
B. 45 DEGREES
C. 100 DEGREES
3. TRUE OR FALSE: Brushing too much can harm your gums.
4. Can chewing gum help prevent cavities?
5. These teeth are the largest teeth in the mouth:
C. WISDOM TEETH
6. TRUE OR FALSE: While regular sodas may damage teeth, diet sodas do not.
7. How long should you brush your teeth?
A. FIVE MINUTES
B. ONE MINUTE
C. TWO MINUTES
8. The first toothbrush was made in what country?
A. UNITED STATES
9. TRUE OR FALSE: Dental enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
10. If your tooth is accidentally knocked out, you should put it in this and get to the dentist immediately:
B. ORANGE JUICE
C. A DAMP PAPER TOWEL
11. Germans in the middle ages thought kissing this would cure a toothache:
A. A STATUE
B. A TREE
C. YOUR TRUE LOVE
D. A DONKEY
12. JUST FOR FUN: How many teeth do chickens have?
2. You should hold your brush at a 45-degree angle.
3. False, although brushing the wrong way can cause problems including receding gums.
4. Yes, if the gum is sugar-free. Chewing gum increases the flow of saliva, which in turn, helps fight cavities.
5. B- Molars. Molars are used for grinding food.
6. False. The acidic nature of soda causes extensive tooth damage.
7. C-Teeth should be brushed for two minutes. However, on average, Americans only brush their teeth for 45 seconds!
8. C. The first bristled tooth brush was made in China around 1498.
9. True, although that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take care of it. Although enamel is hard, it can chip or crack easily.
10. A- Milk. If your tooth is knocked out and you can’t place it back in its socket, put the tooth in milk and get to your dentist as soon as possible.
11. D- A donkey. No worries, Dr. Chris will never ask you to do this!
12. Chickens, like several other birds, don’t have teeth.